Karnataka is a treasure box holding marvellous jewels like Hampi, Mysore, Coorg, Bengaluru, Gokarna, Mangalore and many more! Holding captivating beauty spread in all four directions, Karnataka seems to be crafted by God himself. Karnataka is known as ‘One state many worlds’ as it stands true to all the tales heard about its splendid glory, rich heritage, and beautiful landscapes. Karnataka has around 27 wildlife sanctuaries and five national parks filled with captivating flora and fauna that makes it the finest place to explore. It is blessed by a growing number of tourists visiting here each year. It's time you disconnect from your daily worries and reconnect with nature in a way like never before. Plan your Karnataka Holidays now!
Located in the Western Ghats of India holding breath-taking scenic views Karnataka can be visited throughout the year. The best time to visit Karnataka is from October to April. A traveller having great wanderlust will love exploring this place irrelevant of what season it is. Follow the season-wise segregation to book your Karnataka Tour Packages better.
Summers are a bit humid in Karnataka as the temperature rises. The coastal areas are a bit hot while the weather remains cool in the high altitude regions like Coorg, Kodachadri, Chikmagalur and many more. You can beat the humid climate of Karnataka by indulging in a few water activities. Karnataka serves to be a great getaway even during summer time.
Karnataka receives adequate rainfall that results in a drop as far as temperature is concerned. This further makes the entire climate soothing and relaxing. It is also the best time to take up treks to the Western Ghats as the views are spectacular and pleasing to the eyes.
Winters are the best time to visit Karnataka. More tourist flow is experienced during winter months. The climate is extremely pleasant for sightseeing and exploring the diverse flora and fauna. It is also the perfect time for river rafting, snorkelling, swimming, and scuba diving. You can also relax at the beaches for a peaceful sojourn.
A tourist from all around the globe visits Karnataka to witness its vast spread of wildlife and rich culture and heritage. While planning for a Karnataka Travel, you can opt to travel by air, rail or road. Or simply choose from our wide range of Karnataka Holiday Packages offered by SOTC.
Karnataka is convenient to reach by air. It Karnataka has a total of six airports in Bangalore, Hampi, Belgaum, Mangalore, Hubli, and Bijapur. Owning a good air network, it is quite easy to reach here by air.
Efficiently handled by the government of Karnataka, KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) offers smooth transport facilities within the state. NEKRTC and NWKRTC have made it easier to reach even the remote regions of Karnataka.
Karnataka is easily accessible by train as it has good railway connectivity. It is well connected to all parts of the country. It also offers a smooth interstate rail network making it easy to traverse to and fro.
Emerging as the leading tourist destination, Karnataka ranks to be the fourth most visited places in India. Karnataka is a perfect blend of modern and ancient beliefs depicting a varied lifestyle. Be it historical palaces, relaxing beaches, calm hangout places, national parks or yoga centers Karnataka has it all. Also famous for holding rich culture and remarkable history Karnataka is a therapeutic destination to explore.
Places to explore in Karnataka
Holding a large landscape Karnataka has several commendable destinations within the following is a list of places that you must definitely pay a visit to. Here are a few places you should not miss in your Karnataka Tour Packages.
• Bengaluru – National Gallery Of Modern Art, Cubbon Park, Lalbaug Botanical Gardens
• Mysore – Mysore Palace, Chamundi Hills, Karanji Lake
• Hampi – Vittala Temple, Virupaksha Temple, Sule Bazaar, Elephant Stables
• Coorg – Abbey Falls, Brahmagiri Peak, Nagarhole National Park, Mandalpatti View Point
• Gokarna – Om Beach, Mahaganapati Temple, Mahableshwara Temple, Jog Falls, Paradise Beach
• Mangalore – Panambur Beach, Gokarnanatheshwara, St Aloysius Church
• Bidar – Bidar Fort, Solah Khamba Mosque
• Bijapur – Ibrahim Rauza, Golgumbaz, Citadel
• Madikeri – Mandalpatti, Chelavara Falls, Harangi Backwaters, Madikeri Fort
• Srirangapatna – Daria Daulat Baug
• Badami – Cave Temples, Agastya Lake, Badami Fort
Cuisine to eat in Karnataka
Lose track of your calories count and savour the dishes depicting Kannada culture. Offering great options to relish in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian the following is a list of items to taste and places where you can find them on your Karnataka Tour. You can taste the flavours of Karnataka at local food joints or high-end restaurants.
What to eat in Karnataka
• Neer Dosa
• Korri Gassi
• Mysore Pak
• Coorg Pandi Curry
• Rava Kesari
• Mangalorean Biryani
• Kane Rava Fry
• Udupi Sambhar
• Mango Chutney
• Maddur Vada
Places to eat in Karnataka
• Bengaluru - Saffron, Hype, Karavalli
• Mysore - La Uppu, Hotel Mylari, Oyster Bay
• Hampi - Sagar Hotel, Shiv Moon, Hampi Roof Restaurant
• Coorg – Barbeque Bay, Green Land Restaurant
• Gokarna – Pai Restaurant, Surya Café, Munchies Restaurant
• Mangalore – Machali, Sizzler’s Ranch, Froth On Top
• Bidar – Rex Bar And Restaurant, Jyothi Udupi, Ashoka Dhaba
• Bijapur- The Sigdi, Bean Brew Café, Hanafi Restaurant
• Srirangapatna – La Uppu, By The Blue, Café Garage
• Badami – Baneshwar, Golden Caves
Adventures to undertake in Karnataka
The splendid sights of Karnataka will astonish you! The best way to connect better to this paradise is by indulging in a few adventures and undertaking outdoor sports. The following are a list of adventures that you must try hands-on while you are in Karnataka.
• Skydiving at Mysore
• Microlight flying at Bengaluru
• Whitewater rafting at Madikeri and Gokarna
• Scuba diving at Murdeshwar
• Rock climbing and trekking at Coorg, Kanoor Fort
• Jet ski ride at Gokarna Beach, Mysore, Netravathi (Mangalore)
Accommodation in Karnataka
While you are planning to visit Karnataka, it is quite essential for you to get your accommodation figured. You can opt to stay at budgeted inns, bed and breakfasts, budgeted hotels or luxury stays. Following is a list of hotels that you must consider on your Karnataka Holidays. Or you can simply get in touch with SOTC and let us customize a perfect Karnataka Tour Package for you!
• Bengaluru - St Mark’s Hotel, The Leela Palace, The Oberoi, Olive Apartments
• Mysore - Regalia Inns And Suites, Roopa Elite, Royal Orchid Metropole
• Hampi - Hotel Varsha, Clarks Inn,
• Coorg – The Tamara, Heritage Resort, Orange County
• Mangalore – Hotel Citywalk Residency, Treebo Pappilon Palace, Moti Mahal
Shopping in Karnataka
The cultural essence of Karnataka is displayed in the markets of Karnataka. From glittering silk, aromatic sandalwood, to famous traditional crafts, Karnataka has got it all. Karnataka is profoundly known as the ‘Shoppers Stop’ as it displays enormous varieties of souvenirs to pick from. With our Karnataka Tour Packages, you can go on a shopping spree to incredible malls or local stores; it’s almost impossible to return empty-handed.
Here’s a list of things to shop and places where you can spot them on your Karnataka Holidays.
Where to shop in Karnataka
• Bengaluru - Commercial Street, Mg Road, Chickpet, Residency Road, Kr Market
• Mysore - Devraja Market, Cauvery Arts, And Crafts Emporium
• Hampi - Hampi Bazaar, Vittala Bazaar
• Coorg – Stop And Shop Store, Kushal Nagar Market, The Flea Market
• Mangalore – Central Market, The Forum Fiza Mall
What to shop in Karnataka
• Bengaluru - silk accessories, jewelry, antique items,
• Mysore - silk sarees, paintings, sandalwood, and teakwood carvings
• Hampi - stone artifacts, lambanai crafts, musical instruments, and banana fiber and leather crafts.
• Coorg – spices, souvenirs, jewelry, coffee
• Mangalore – traditional handicrafts